Grassroots Collaborative is hiring! People of color strongly encouraged to apply. For consideration, send a resume, cover letter, and three references to Amisha Patel, Executive Director, email@example.com. No calls, please. Position open until filled.
TITLE: Operations and Administrative Manager
SUPERVISED BY: Executive Director
SALARY/HOURLY, EXEMPT OR NONEXEMPT: 25-30 hours a week, Nonexempt (Pay: $20-25 an hour, depending on skills, plus six paid sick days per year)
ORGANIZATIONAL SUMMARY: Grassroots Collaborative (501c3) builds power with working families through strategic community-labor organizing, grassroots leadership development, civic engagement, and research. We organize to win progressive policies and systems-change that improve the lives of low-to-moderate income residents and communities of color. We utilize popular education to build consciousness, and build organization that unites residents to create transformative change for a more just society. Our affiliated 501c4, Grassroots Illinois Action, works to build community political power through issue advocacy and electoral strategies.
We have a strong record of leading bold campaigns that shift the narrative of racism, austerity and corporate power.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Operations and Administrative Manager for Grassroots Collaborative and Grassroots Illinois Action supports the operations work of both organizations. The Manager is responsible for key office and finance support work to help the organizing campaigns and staff leadership be more effective.
- Financial Support: Process membership dues and fundraiser revenue; Review general ledger to ensure accurate categorizing of expenses in Quickbooks; Coordinate annual auditing process; Work with Executive Director, Director of Development, and Board Treasurer to create annual and project budgets.
- Administrative Support: Provide direct support to Executive Director, preparing relevant materials for meetings, securing logistics for meetings, coordinating travel plans for all staff; Provide administrative support at Board and strategy meetings, compile materials for meeting; Assist in filing, copying, note taking and general record keeping; Place orders for supplies; Provide other administrative support to staff as needed; Prepare paperwork to stay in compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Bookkeeping: Manage all receivables, cash receipts, and general ledger functions; Monitor and follow up on receivables that are outstanding; Manage all accounts payable activities, including debit and credit card transactions, reimbursements, and vendor payments; prepare monthly closing entries and reports; Disseminate financial reports to Board Treasurer, Executive Director, and others as needed.
- Human Resources: Serve as liaison with insurance companies; Maintain time off records; Post job descriptions, collect resumes and correspond with job applicants; Ensure payroll is completed each pay period accurately and timely; Coordinate timesheet and allocation activities.
- Data Support: Helps manage our database, including data entry
- Minimum 2 years applicable experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and knowledgeable in Quickbooks and Salsa
- Graphic design skills a strong plus
- Excellent team player, super organized, detail oriented, and able to meet deadlines with ease
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong support for the mission of Grassroots Collaborative and Grassroots Illinois Action
- Demonstrated commitment to racial, social, and economic justice
- This position operates primarily in a professional office environment This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 40 pounds
- Some travel to off-site locations in the Chicago metro area is required. Occasionally, some out-of-the-area travel may be expected
- Workplace is a smoke-and drug-free environment
Grassroots Collaborative is an equal-opportunity employer. People of color strongly encouraged to apply. For consideration, send a resume, cover letter, and three references to Amisha Patel, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please. Position open until filled.